mercoledì 20 ottobre 2010

le ragazze dello swing

Photobucket


about a month ago,i watched a tv series called "le ragazze dello swing"(swing girls).
it's the story about the trio lescano,a popular swing trio during the fascist regime. the 3 sisters,judith,kitty and alexandra lived in italy,but were from holland and to mantain their original accent the producers used three dutch actresses Andrea Osvárt, Lotte Verbeek and Elise Schaap. originally, the name of the trio was "leschan trio" but they italianized their surname into lescano,since during fascism non-italian words were prohibited. they reached a great success but by the beginning of the war,despite the fact that mussolini was a great fan of them, they were imprisoned in genova because the regime found out their mother was jewish. after their release judith,alexandra and their mother emigrated to argentina,while kitty remained in italy with her italian husband and left the trio. her substitute was maria bria,but no one found out kitty left the trio because at that time tv didn't exist and almost no one knew how kitty looked like. the series was a great inspiration for 30s to mid 40s outfits; last sunday me and my family went to a lunch in rome and i wore my new 30s style dress in blu(one of the colours i like the most)made by me and my mom(it was a great collaboration i think!),with my super-cute shoes i received as bday present from my boyfriend
the swing girls in the tv series
Photobucket

Photobucket

the real trio lescano
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and finally ,me (pics were taken with the cell phone..)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 commenti:

  1. Katia, you have a wonderful blog and I am looking forward to following it. I want to thank you for subbing to my blog as well. That gesture is deeply appreciated and I hope you find a lot to like!

    RispondiElimina
  2. thank you so much for your nice comment, i love your blog too!

    RispondiElimina
  3. WOW, Katia, you look so beautiful in that dress! Thanks for this information about the Trio Lescano. Must look into this further! Thanks SO much for your kind words on my blog and sorry it's taken me a little while to find yours. I'm following now!!!!

    RispondiElimina
  4. it's a great honour for me Baroness!!thank you!

    RispondiElimina
  5. Girl, you look amazing, like ripped from the 30's! Gorgeous, i have a huge admiration for people who can wear vintage with so much style and you definitely have it!
    xoxo

    http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

    RispondiElimina
  6. wow, thank you so much for this beautiful comment dear! i love your style too :)

    RispondiElimina
  7. Katia: Thank you for following my blog. It is very much appreciated. Your blog is fantastic! I am your newest follower.

    RispondiElimina

don't be shy!your comments make my day :)