mercoledì 4 gennaio 2012

Edwardian wedding gown

I really hope Javier is not reading this :)
Yesterday evening I received my latest purchase from etsy Usa: a beautiful edwardian (original) wedding gown,which I dated 1912 after some researches on websites. Up to now,I purchased many antique accessories (a mesh purse,a pair of early '900 leather gloves,a 50s purse and beauty-case...)but this is the very first antique gown.It's got some stains,but I purchased it because it was a great deal (only 60 euro) and I'm also going to use its pattern to create my own wedding gown. A part from the stains,it would have been to small to wear anyways,since waist is only 60 cm!!corsets were really the greatest part of a woman's wardrobe...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iron edges on the neck
Photobucket
Photobucket
it came with:
the original long leather gloves,which fits me very well
Photobucket
Photobucket
a reproduction of a late '800/ early '900 certificate of marriage
Photobucket
Photobucket
the original picture of the lovely bride who wore it,isn't it gorgeous?
Photobucket
isn't this dress adorable??

6 commenti:

  1. Wow, truly a great purchase! You are very lucky ! Beautiful gown :)

    RispondiElimina
  2. 100 years old and you now own it! That's wonderful, Katia. I am eager to see the gown that you create from the pattern. You will look as beautiful as the original bride!

    RispondiElimina
  3. thanks for your comments,this dress is a treasure indeed...
    yes Tom,100 years old and now it's in my closet!!!!!!

    RispondiElimina
  4. What a timelessly wonderful treasure, you are so very lucky to have come into possession of this enchanting piece.


    ♥ Jessica

    RispondiElimina
  5. thanks a lot Jessica for your comment and for being a follower!

    RispondiElimina

don't be shy!your comments make my day :)